February 13, 2000

Protection for Hire, by Camy Tang

Protection for Hire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


THE PUBLISHER'S DESCRIPTION:   First she served as a mob enforcer. Then she found Christ in prison. Now, Tessa Lancaster is protecting an heiress whose spouse seeks to kill her. In this action-packed read, Tessa and a handsome Southern lawyer discover the reality of being made new in Christ. 

How much does a person’s life change after becoming a Christian? How much SHOULD a person change his life after this decision? Should relationships between the new convert and his friends and family be severed or just altered, and if altered, to what extent? These are all questions that Tessa must answer in Protection for Hire, as she comes out of prison a different person than the criminal who went in. Learning to balance her new beliefs, her new lifestyle, and the old relationships is a constant challenge.

I think anyone who has tried to get a fresh start or break old habits will relate to the heroine in this book. She must change almost everything about herself, including her line of work. This leads to unexpected friendships, danger, and romance. I enjoyed reading about the adventures Tessa faced as she turned a new page in her life, and I found her story both believable and inspirational. I was reminded that God’s plans aren’t always the same as mine, but that He knows where I am and is faithful to take care of me.

I reviewed this book courtesy of NetGalley.com.

1 comment:

Wanna leave a comment? Be nice, please, and if you can't, at least leave your email address...