March 14, 2000

Love Amid the Ashes, by Mesu Andrews

Love Amid the Ashes: A Novel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I LOVED this historical fiction, which connected the story of Joseph's sister Dinah with the tragic figure, Job. As always, the author takes certain liberties to make the story work, but this gal did her homework. I didn't find anything that wouldn't be plausible, and I was captured from the beginning in this tale of redemption, forgiveness, and second chances. I have always been a bit confused by the long book of Job's story, and the conversations that take place between this tortured man and his well-meaning friends. I feel like I have a better grasp now on what actually took place, and I enjoyed the fictional embellishments that really weaved this tragedy into a beautiful tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna leave a comment? Be nice, please, and if you can't, at least leave your email address...