March 23, 2009

The Comfort Zone

God has been so gracious to keep the really yucky animals at a distance for our first few months. It seems all the freaky things are coming out of the shadows now, though. I showed you the picture of Ken's stingray, but here's the piranha he also caught, right before letting him go. Below it is the tarantula (big old hairy legs and all) that was in the grass he was clearing. Then you'll see a very large burrowing worm that looked too much like a snake for my liking. I don't have the nerve to mention the slithery animal I'm so grateful we've avoided so far, but I'm grateful we've not met up with him. And I should say that I don't think the animal activists would be too happy with us so far.... (If you're reading this from my blogspot, click below for the pictures.)





3 comments:

  1. We have eaten many piranha. Have you tried them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, ya'll had one of those nasty burrowing worms, too. That thing is disgusting. Don't worry, we have been killing many little visitors to our house as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SCREAM! I'm sure you're learning to jump and run! Do you have dogs to chase away things like big rats? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Wanna leave a comment? Be nice, please, and if you can't, at least leave your email address...