August 28, 2009

No More Asuncion (for a while, anyway)

FINALLY! The clicking timeclock that Immigrations gave us to complete our paperwork ended up working in our favor, and we have successfully turned in our documents to apply for residency. After all was said and done, I'm still not sure that we had what they were asking for (it changed almost daily), but they didn't want to issue me another extension. So rather than go through the trouble to fill out a new form for the extension, they just told me to bring in what papers we had. I didn't even have to take that last form through the appropriate red-tape legalization and certification and visualization of the Ministry of Whatever. YAY!

I wanted to dance a little victory jig right there in the government office. The employees were as relieved as I was, many of them coming out to congratulate me and smile and wave, and ask if we'd still drop by and visit when we're downtown. Okay, when the office staff is on the personal friend list, you know you've spent too much time in that office. I think I know the life story of several of them, though, by now (you know that "flashing red sign" over my head). Now we wait 1-3 months to see if it was all approved, and each receive a lovely little card, which we take to some other office and start the application for an official cedula (a membership into the Paraguay club, which officially equates to a social security number, if I'm right).

Thank you all for the encouragement, the advice, and the prayers. There were days that it didn't look like it would happen, and when nothing short of a miracle would push us to the next level. True to form, God always came through. (No click)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, this is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great News - Great God !
    When He opens a door nobody can shut it and when He shuts a door nobody can open it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What good news! Now you can enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Wanna leave a comment? Be nice, please, and if you can't, at least leave your email address...