January 18, 2010

Update on Kidnapping Here

I've been at camp all weekend (details later), so I slept a bit late this morning and haven't seen the news. But I have heard that Fidel, the rancher who was kidnapped here in Paraguay by a rebel group, was just released, and is back safe with his family. The story of their demands, what their family did, and how the community reacted is really incredible. The word is that the community's reaction to what the family was asked to do was quite probably the straw that broke the camel's back and led to his release.

My friend Rita wrote about it, including pictures and a video, and I think you'd find it interesting. Check it out here and tell her I sent you....
http://jungle-hut.blogspot.com/2010/01/poor-with-dignity.html



1 comment:

Wanna leave a comment? Be nice, please, and if you can't, at least leave your email address...