April 10, 2012

Strange Evangelism Tools

Today, a most prestigious title was awarded to Ken.  I won't spoil it for you by spilling the details, but I'll give you the link so you can scoot over to Stephen Haggerty's page and read all about it, including an interview and some photos.

Okay, I'll give you the hint that Ken's facial hair gets discussed in this interview.  On the mission field, one is always looking for conversation starters and something to "break the ice" with folks you don't yet know.  Ken's goatee has been just that. It's like a teen boy magnet, especially in a culture where facial hair isn't a natural feature.  These kids want to know what he does to make his beard grow.  Even the grown men tend to blame it on his propensity to pour hot sauce on whatever he's eating.  So any time I start to complain about it or ask how long he intends to have the massive growth, he reminds me that it's a ministry tool.  I guess I've heard of stranger things.

Click over there to see what all the hoopla's about, and leave a comment.  :)  And drop one here if God uses something uncommon about you to open doors of communication.  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna leave a comment? Be nice, please, and if you can't, at least leave your email address...