June 23, 2008

Peru, Here I Come!

Less than two weeks from now, I'll be in the air headed for Peru, to my favorite city in the world--Iquitos. Iquitos is in the hot, humid Amazon jungle region. I'll be sipping the camu-camu juice (more like GUZZLING IT!) and helping with their first ever youth camp.

After that, I'll spend a little time in the capital city Lima and then head north by bus to Trujillo. From there, I'll go further north to the desert city of Piura and have youth camp again. Then it's back to Lima, where it's a bit chilly this time of year, and further south into Chincha. Chincha was one of the cities badly damaged from the earthquake in Peru last year. Back to Lima, then over to the cities of Tingo Maria and Huanuco. This region is called the high jungle, because it is tropical and green, but at a very high altitude.

Many of the stops on this trip will be new places for me (you all know that I LOVE going to new places), but I will also see some old friends, meet a new goddaughter, and hopefully get to run in that tremendous soccer stadium in Iquitos with my buddy Maribel. This trip will include camps, orphanages, churches large and small, missions, street ministry, a prison, and lots more. I can't wait to see what God has in store.

These short-term trips are always sad times, too, because I am away from my family. Being able to travel and minister TOGETHER is one thing I REALLY look forward to when we live in Paraguay. We work best as a team, and it's going to be great to involve our kids and not have to separate to follow our dreams. Please pray for them and for me when we are apart, and pray that God really moves during this trip, preparing the way ahead of our team and putting us in exactly the places He wants us at just the right times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna leave a comment? Be nice, please, and if you can't, at least leave your email address...