April 20, 2009

Sunday Happenings

Today I'm typing with a JACKET ON!! YAY! We had heavy rains this morning, and it's been in the 70's-80's the rest of the day. It's cooled back down to around 70 right now and I couldn't be happier about that. I look forward to sleeping with blankets on tonight, rather than kicking them off in my sleep. Haha!

This past weekend, we had service outside because the camp was rented. Sunday morning attendance has been great lately, and this week was no exception. We kept pulling out more chairs and benches as people gathered under the shade tree. Even though it may not be what I'm accustomed to in a Sunday morning service, I sure love worship outdoors.

After service, many hung around to visit and sip terere. I gave several haircuts (word travels fast), the men started a game of soccer, and we women sat in the shade of our porch to chat. I found out in the conversation that one of the young women didn't have a Bible, so we were able to give away our first Bible from the two cases we just got. I'm so thankful that God worked it out for us to have sufficient funds this month to buy them, and that we found someone close who sells them in bulk. What a great feeling to give her that Bible. Thank you for making that possible, Partners!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna leave a comment? Be nice, please, and if you can't, at least leave your email address...