October 16, 2009

Way to Go, Amber!

I want to share with you a little of Amber's most recent blog post. You all know Amber, the wonder-intern, who has been with us since July. Well, I recognized the "look" in her eye a little while after getting here, since it's what hit me not long after my own arrival. I could compare it to that feeling you get when you graduate from college and get the first job in your field, and realize that all you've learned was only the BEGINNING of what you NEED to learn to be successful. Getting on the mission field full-time was the same thing--all I've known and learned was just the start, and in myself, I'm inadequate for this job. It is like a "fight or flight" reaction, where I can pack up and go home or dig in and go deeper. It wakes up a hunger for more and more of the Lord, and the NEED to know more and more of Him and His ways. It was so cool to see that light come on in her. She has been studying, asking questions, and reading, reading, reading; and putting into practice what she's finding out. What a blessing to be able to watch this part of her life unfold! In her words:

After two weeks, today, I finally finished a small goal that I set for myself: reading the entire New Testament of the Bible! I have learned so much that I didn't know, and the stories I did know, I got a better insight on. I have also been reading another book called "For Such a Time As This," by Lisa Ryan. It's a book about Esther and how to be a "modern day Esther," and do things that aren't always easy to do, but you do them because God wants you to. It's been a wonderful book so far, and I feel like I have a better idea of Esther and her life, and how she might have felt back then. The Bible is so much bigger than I ever imagined, and every day I see more and more that there's more to this Jesus thing than the ten commandments and Noah's Ark...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna leave a comment? Be nice, please, and if you can't, at least leave your email address...