September 7, 2010

Gotta Study More!

Last week the Loma Clavel school celebrated their "birthday." The teacher dropped by our house to invite us to the festivities, and it gave us a chance to talk about how we can be more involved there. We went into detail about weekly Bible classes, and offered to start when we get back from our trip. They'll be starting summer break then, but when the new year starts, we should be set to begin a regular class there. For now, we're trying to visit once a week anyway, so that the children are comfortable with us.

We took the projector and showed the cartoon "Angel Wars" for their birthday party. I'm not sure they understood it because it was all in Spanish, but they were amazed and watched intently. The teacher explained that most of them had not seen a tv, so to have a movie projected on the wall was just fascinating! I got a lot of laughs from my attempts to speak Guarani. Finally Saul took over and presented a nice little object lesson from the cartoon. I guess I have my homework cut out for me and will be spending any available time during our trip home, practicing Guarani. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the neighbors in the U.S. will help me out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna leave a comment? Be nice, please, and if you can't, at least leave your email address...