January 1, 2000

The Noticer, by Andy Andrews

I love a good read, and I recently finished The Noticer by Andy Andrews. I'd not gotten to read his first book, The Traveler's Gift, so jumped at the chance for this one. I got this as a free e-book from Thomas Nelson Publishing (which makes it all the sweeter), and read it on my phone. (Have I mentioned lately how thankful I am to be able to do that?!)

It's technically a fictional story about a strange prophet-like old man who appears and disappears at various time periods in the author's life. However, the lessons taught by this mysterious man read more like a good self-help book, with practical advice that can be applied to many situations. The whole theme is that our experiences in life can be handled or mishandled, depending on PERSPECTIVE. There was a lot of food for thought, and the practical application of these theories through the little vignettes gave great examples of how a change in perspective can go a long way. So today, I applied that to my life and decided that instead of saying how hot it is, I'd point out how nice it was to not have to lug around a heavy coat. Thanks for the help, Mr. Andrews! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna leave a comment? Be nice, please, and if you can't, at least leave your email address...